Our San Diego Sail 2009 Blue Moon

Our San Diego Sail 2009 Blue Moon
The sunset was magnificent on this night!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sat. 8-7-10 Leg 3 Dana Point to Catalina

It was great waking up in Dana Point. 8:00 Rise and shine. Jamie made us bagels and lox and coffee. He toasted the bagels with this silly sort of toaster that works on a gas stove.

9:00 shove off for Catalina. I removed my wristwatch as I am officially entering island time. Saw tons of rock fisherman competing for snapper and ling cod which didn't stand a chance according to Jamie.

Destination Avalon, a 31 mile sail. Little wind today so we motored for 3/5 hours. Wind picked up to 18 knots so we sailed for 1.5 hours.

I saw my first sunfish with its fin out of water. It looks like a shark fin. It was a big guy at about 35 pounds or so.

We arrived at Moonstone Cove at 2:45 PM. Avalon was all booked up. We moored for the night. This was my first experience spending the night at a mooring ball.

Once moored safely, the boys swam boat side. I read Escaped and looked at boats from the deck.

Our first dinner on board Tardis was a group effort. Rob marinated and BBQ'ed the salmon, Jamie made asparagus and wild rice, I made salad and set the table and did dishes.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Mooring for the night and seeing all the sights. At night is everything all lite up and pretty?

    ReplyDelete